January 8, 2020 – A New Year's perspective... “For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning." - T.S. Eliot
For more of a simpleton like myself, I resonate with the following wisdom attributed to Country Music star, Brad Paisley: "Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one."
Better today than yesterday... our goal each day at Vendor Surf. That most certainly sums up our 2019 business performance, signing up dozens of new clients to our search engine. It's not just the number of new clients we are excited about, it's the quality and innovation of so many of them.
Confession – Just over two years ago, I thought I knew the vendor space inside and out. However, since launching our online marketplace in 2017, with a global reach, I have been an exemplary student of the ecosystem. I did actually know a fair amount, but I was most blessed to learn WHAT I DID NOT KNOW. Vendors and solutions have oozed out of the seams binding this industry together. And with the pace of innovation and change today, I remain a perpetual student.
SO, WHY DID YOU PARTNER WITH VENDOR SURF?
I spent a lot of time quizzing our clients getting voice-of-the-customer feedback. The thing I wanted to know most was... "With all the options out there to spend your sales and marketing dollars, what made Vendor Surf stand out?" (Most frequent answers)
In a more recent development, 54% of our traffic now comes from Google / Bing / Yahoo organic searches ('earned media') without paid ads; These internet search engines love the richness of our content and direct substantial traffic to us.
This was not yet known by vendor clients when I interviewed them, or I suspect it would be the top reason or two within the above chart.
So for now, the number one reason.... We have Revolutionized the Sourcing of Vendor Partners – making it quick and efficient to instantly narrow down vendor options on screen in real time. We have literally taken days out of the initial due diligence process, if not weeks for some organizations.
OUR FAVORITE QUOTES / INSIGHTS
Clients that participated in the survey also gave us some memorable insights when responding. The following (paraphrased) were among our favorites:
- It's like Match.com for vendors. Love it.
- Why didn't I think of that?!?!? Are you accepting investors?
- We all search for everything in life. Addicted. Why not filter out vendors too?
- Because you obviously have vendor expertise and credibility, not a directory from another media company.
- Affordability – Your 1-year subscription is much cheaper than 2-days at a conference.
- Vendor Surf is like our own industry's Angie's List.
- You are the experts, the pundits, with like 50,000 social media followers (Note: We have over 30K)
- I saw so many big brands signing up, I knew it was time for me to jump on.
- Pricing – You don't swindle or gouge clients. I can put all my brands and companies on the site for one fee.
- You need to train all the lender sourcing and procurement committees out there. They need help. Sales cycles are killing us.
- Your pricing is too low. You should not make it so easy for just anyone to join.
- your articles and writings are very thoughtful... always an enjoyable read.
- I've wasted money on directories without results. Thought I'd try your technology-based matching platform. I am intrigued by it
- I had budget dollars left over, so I thought 'what the heck... take a chance'
Nobody Out–Vendors The Surf !!
Contact Us for a Media Kit, with all the stats, facts and figures you need.
And as I reflect back on a memorable and mixed 2019...
Rest in Peace our dear friend James L. Robertson. Life is damn good. The thing is... it was just better (and crazy fun) with you in it. You are missed.
Thanks for reading.