December 17, 2021 —
1/13/22 UPDATE... There have been 11 more M&A transactions (in 2021) since we wrote the article, including:
- Ascend Companies acquires American Reporting Company
- Arthur J. Gallagher acquires Real Estate Insurance Solutions
- Evolve Mortgage Services Acquires Brooks Software
- KBRA Acquired by PE Firm in $900M Deal
- Rocket Companies To Acquire Truebill For $1.275B
- ClosingLock acquires SafeWire
- Wipro To Acquire Cybersecurity Firm Edgile For $230M
- Firstsource Solutions Acquires American Recovery Services, Inc.
- ProTitleUSA Acquires DocSolution
- BeSmartee Acquires Financial Spreading Software Company FlashSpread
- Voxtur Analytics Closes Acquisition of Benutech
Ah, the Reason for the Season. Vendor mergers and acquisitions (M&A)... the gifts that keep on giving – and taking.
While most of the civilized world has had a global pandemic in the purview these past 2-years, vendors and special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) have had a penchant for purchases. Much to our amazement, we have seen an average of almost one transaction a week since the pandemic began.
At Vendor Surf, we track and post all such significant vendor M&A announcements, currently listing more than 250 dating back to 2007. We have analyzed transactions from the past 2-years, unearthing some intriguing findings. While most terms are never disclosed, we have seen some monster-sized transactions with the likes of Ellie Mae and CoreLogic, just to name a few.
Fintech is white-hot, as you might imagine. However, many of the deals have infultrated more 'bread and butter' operations like appraisal, title and the requisite technology supporting those disciplines. Property data is also trending high.
See our latest industry article on vendor M&A found HERE in the MBA NewsLink. A Holiday shout-out to our MBA friends, especially Mike Sorohan, Editor.
Read about the flurry of M&A activity, including:
- The volume of deals
- Who's buying; Shifts we have seen
- What they are buying
- Predictions for 2022
See the full contents of the article to learn more about details, including the epic set of 20 transactions to make SitusAMC what it has morphed into today. We had to dig deep to follow that breadcrumb trail. Interesting, for sure.
Thanks for reading.